1. Something to Say Pt. 1 by LILLY(Marriage proposal)2. Joint-Variation Juggling by Emmybates(Proctrastination is kind of like studying?)3. Three ______ Encounters That Could Define My Life by King Sophie(God gave us legs, Facebook groups, and a broken viola)4. Ode to "Slacker Danny" by Lily "LC" Chong(A poem for someone on TV)4.5 Something to Say Pt. 2 by LILLY(Forgot)5. Mikes Piece by Mike(Czechs are cool)6. Banjo Song by King Sophie(2 songs--one anti-war, one just pretty)6.5 Something to Say Pt. 3 by LILLY(Get a haircut)7. Emmy's Monologue by Emmybates(Racism is sad)Hey, can you help me out with that title, Sophie?Also it seems like Mike's piece would have had a clever pun as the title? And did Emmy's monologue have a title?Uh otherwise this is correct.
My monologue was called "Not a funny monologue". And I guess this is when I review the pieces...Something to Say Part 1 by Lilly: Brilliant. I really liked the preying mantis and black widow analogy.Joint Variation Juggling (by me) : Really badly executed. Really wished I had red the script more thouroughly/remembered there are three people in the piece. Not two. Three Encounters That Could Define my Life by Sophie: I liked it. Sophie told each instance really well, and I liked how she took common topics (cars and facebook) and developed them further.Ode to Slacker Danny by Lily: Er, I don't know who "Slacker Danny" is, so I don't really hava an opinion.Something to say Part 2 by Lilly: I was going 'huh?' the whole time.Mike's Piece by Mike: This was my favorite. I thought it was really origional.Banjo song by King Sophie: I not only liked the songs which were really cool, but was also impressed that Sophie can play the banjo. Go Sophie.Something to say Pt. 3 by Lilly: I thought it was a really good culmination of the three parts Lilly did. Good job. I only wondered if all three parts took place in the same married setting.Not a funny monologue by me: I don't really know. It felt kindof long, so it was a good thing Doug wasn't there to turn the lights off on me. It was out of my comfort zone, but it was fun. Plus I didn't plan an ending.I liked how despite Doug hit a turkey, (or vice versa,) Yes Shame was still really fun. ~Emmy
1. Something to Say Pt. 1 by LILLYI thought I would be able to tie in the praying mantis thing with how maybe I was going to kill him (and probably that's what the audience was thinking too?) but I didn't have long enough to think of something, seeing as I was already on stage and halfway through with my piece.2. Joint-Variation Juggling by EmmybatesI felt bad because I realized later that I had a copy of the script! I don't think I was supposed to be in this, but even if it was just a light booth I could have given it back to Emmy or something. This was pretty unprepared (just like everything else performed at Yes Shame, ever) but seemed good.3. Three ______ Encounters That Could Define My Life by King SophieReally great right up to the point where she ran out of words and couldn't end it. There were some really clever parts in there, though; the car/legs line particularly.4. Ode to "Slacker Danny" by Lily "LC" ChongNot much to say; it was alright.4.5 Something to Say Pt. 2 by LILLYI think maybe this didn't go so well? It was supposed to be all "I have something really important to say oh wait I forgot what it even was" but anyway5. Mikes Piece by MikeHow is it that Mike always has good ideas, every week? Yeah funny concept, funny execution, thumbs up.6. Banjo Song by King SophieThe first one was good but I really liked the second one.6.5 Something to Say Pt. 3 by LILLYyeah7. Not a Funny Monologue by EmmybatesThis also was good, and sad, although it could have been better prepared. I would suggest with this that you maybe write it out first and memorize it so it's more focused and has more of an ending. Also then you could mess around with varying the sentence structure and so forth. But yeah, this was pretty good. At first you sounded like a regular Philip Bergman.
1. Something to Say Pt. 1 by LILLYCute.2. Joint-Variation Juggling by EmmybatesFunny and good.3. Three ______ Encounters That Could Define My Life by King SophieVery funny and cool.4. Ode to "Slacker Danny" by Lily "LC" ChongI explained who "Slacker Danny" aka Max Crumm was.........he's pretty much my newest celebrity crush. I fucking love him and we techincally could date (he's 21, I'm 17........that's not a HUGE difference).Anywho, not one of my best poems, but I have currently run out of creative ideas. But my friend Liz LaPan from camp gave me an idea for a skit based off my poem, and I will perform it next time if Phil is there.4.5 Something to Say Pt. 2 by LILLYHa ha.5. Mikes Piece by MikeGood piece, but think of a more *creative* title.6. Banjo Song by King SophieI agree with Lilly here.6.5 Something to Say Pt. 3 by LILLYYeah, whatever.7. Not a Funny Monologue by EmmybatesYour grandpa sounds particularly awesome.And an announcement.......y'all should come to my fashion show on Saturday. It's at 2 pm at Fashion Bug at Sycamore mall. It's free and open to the public!
I'm sorry......I don't usually drop the f-bomb unless I really want to emphasize something...or I use "fricken".
1. Something to Say Pt. 1 by LILLYLove the praying mantis part.2. Joint-Variation Juggling by EmmybatesShe's good at juggling. Funny idea.3. Three ______ Encounters That Could Define My Life by King Sophie(God gave us legs, Facebook groups, and a broken viola)Great. That is all.4. Ode to "Slacker Danny" by Lily "LC" Chong(A poem for someone on TV)Not very original...LC seems to do a lot of skits that are just raving on and on about someone/something. example: Chris Roberts and The Little Mermaid. It was a fine piece, though.4.5 Something to Say Pt. 2 by LILLY(Forgot)Funny! But instead of saying "Oh, shoot" maybe you should have said "oh, I forgot" because I didn't get it for a few seconds.5. Mikes Piece by Mike(Czechs are cool)Good idea for a piece. I love the Czechs and Balances especially because it's so...American.6. Banjo Song by King Sophie(2 songs--one anti-war, one just pretty)good. pretty6.5 Something to Say Pt. 3 by LILLYthe part about face shape was so good.7. Emmy's Monologue by Emmybates(Racism is sad)Wow, this was moving. I think you should write it out. It would be really nice to have a hard, well-written copy of the story to read and keep for your family.
I never did my piece about Chris Roberts.......I was too shy to. But I let him read it and he happened to think it was beautiful.And my well of skits and ideas is currently dry, but my friend Liz gave me an idea for a skit based off my poem......I'll do it next time.
1. Something to Say Pt. 1 by LILLYNice. I never knew that black widows were such DBags2. Joint-Variation Juggling by EmmybatesI liked it. I think it would have been more than fine if there was the third person to finish it3. Three ______ Encounters That Could Define My Life by King SophieOh the memorial facebook groups...4. Ode to "Slacker Danny" by Lily "LC" ChongI Don't actually know what that show was about. well maybe I do, but I don't really watch enough reality TV to understand. I think I understood enough though. It was a good review/Poem.4.5 Something to Say Pt. 2 by LILLYnice nice. I actually liked this one second best. no idea why though.5. Mikes Piece by MikeOh man, I think every piece this semester has been "mike's piece." I've never really had a title to pieces/ I showed up too late to call it anything close like Czechs marks the spot, or "suck it mugabe"As for the piece, I didn't really mean to do it with a phil-style-stand-up-style, but it worked methinks6. Banjo Song by King SophieI don't really remember the lyrics, but I did like the tune itself. We need more banjo..6.5 Something to Say Pt. 3 by LILLYNICE. 7. Emmy's Monologue by EmmybatesI liked it. It has a little bit of comedy, but then transformed nicely to sad, although transforming to sad shouldn't be nice, but it was?I'd also like to make an announcement- Czech Into Cash is now hiring