Announcements:Go to various theatrical/musical events such as-The band show (Friday 7:00 in the Cafeteria for $3)-Best of No Shame (Friday 11:00 at the Theater Building for $2)-Combined Efforts Play (12/15 and 16 in the Little Theater for $?)-and the BEST OF ONLY BEST SHAME in 2 weeks for free!!Order:1. Intervention by Lilly(Flamingo obsession is... not really that funny)2. Extreme Stripping by Eli(Eli was wearing ALL THE SHIRTS)2.5 An Honest To Goodness Confession by O'Sandra(There is something he has to get off his chest...)3. The Truth About Bodies by Margo(They don't exist?)4. Actual, Real-Life, Not Fake Conversation Between Three People by Lily Chong and John and Rica Kenyon(LC is sort of a stalker, Josh/hn is homeless and has a boyfriend. Much dancing ensues.)5. College Search by Sophie, King(Future pinata offers alternative to college search... unless unintended audience participants screw up the punchline...)5.5 Have Super Christmas by Lilly and O'Sandra(I mean have a super "holiday".)6. Ode To A Cute Guy by Lily Chong(A monologue dedicated to the guy Lily's crush of the moment)7. Song by King Sophie(Serious song)9. Morgan's Poem(Emo poem)10. The Alphabet by Faith(Faith teaches the audience a name game)11. All About A Lovely Girl by Emmy & Morgan(It was a CAR, get it????)12. The Lunatic and the Madman by Annessa Olsen(Very long piece about crazy people)13. Rhetorical Questions by Emmy(The world would be so much better without them...)
1. Intervention by LillyOh, ya gotta love those flamingos.2. Extreme Stripping by EliGrew very tedious.2.5 An Honest To Goodness Confession by O'SandraI liked it!!!!3. The Truth About Bodies by MargoOh wonderful. Eli semi-strips.4. Actual, Real-Life, Not Fake Conversation Between Three People by Lily Chong and John and Rica KenyonHow was I "sort of a stalker"!? But anywho.......thanks for putting it in BOYS, I was very pleased about that and how it went.5. College Search by Sophie, KingGood.5.5 Have Super Christmas by Lilly and O'SandraI liked it a lot.6. Ode To A Cute Guy by Lily ChongIt was kind of a "monolouge-ette" since it was so short.....and despite what y'all may think, it was NOT for Philip Bergman, it was for Eddie Kirsch.7. Song by King SophieI really liked it. Kinda reminded me of my love life at the moment.9. Morgan's PoemI loved it. Morgan should perform more.10. The Alphabet by FaithIt was actually a name dance.......but whatever.11. All About A Lovely Girl by Emmy & MorganWonderful!12. The Lunatic and the Madman by Annessa OlsenYes it was very long........wonderful tho. 13. Rhetorical Questions by EmmyI liked it.And.....14. Tareq and Phil playing the cello was fantastic.And the Combined efforts show is $3 for students and seniors and $5 for adults, and buy your tickets ASAP because they will sell out.
And also.........every bit of my piece with the dancing, except the dancing, was an actual conversation between me and John and Rica Kenyon at various points after two different Yes Shames. A little-known fact!
I was just curious what extreme stripping was about...
1. Intervention by LillyI think flamingo obsession is awesome.2. Extreme Stripping by EliHis pieces are getting better. It was a good idea and he executed it well.2.5 An Honest To Goodness Confession by O'SandraI loved how the doll squeaked when he threw it down.3. The Truth About Bodies by MargoIt was a good idea, but maybe there could have been more.4. Actual, Real-Life, Not Fake Conversation Between Three People by Lily Chong and John and Rica KenyonJosh's acting was pure gold. Lily, please tell me when you get this on youtube. I'm anxious to see it again!5. College Search by Sophie, KingIt was ok. Sorry the ending got messed up.5.5 Have Super Christmas by Lilly and O'SandraUm...I don't remember this one. What was it about?6. Ode To A Cute Guy by Lily ChongIt was a little boring.7. Song by King Sophiepretty9. Morgan's PoemIt was a downer, but she's a good writer.10. The Alphabet by FaithReally good. I'm going to use that dance a lot now.11. All About A Lovely Girl by Emmy & MorganSmashing12. The Lunatic and the Madman by Annessa OlsenI almost fell asleep during it. It would be ok to perform at another place, but it was too long for Yes Shame.13. Rhetorical Questions by EmmyPrecious.
Wait, Faith did something?! WHOA. Way to go to Minnesota, me.Goddamn. Sounds like I missed some cool stuff, anyways. Love love love the end.How long was Anessa's thing?
It got the lights turned out on it.
sorry I missed it you guys. I even sort of had some crap that would have added to the stuff, but it looks like yes shame has people other than soph,lily,lilly,osean, and bits of me performing, so I wasn't missed....I hear that I may have had one that I maybe got into Beast of ya shame? I was wondering if someone could post the order or somethang
Pigeons is in Best of... I think we may have lost the order but uh, I'll try to find it get it posted ASAP.
ok, sounds good. Eleni isn't going to be there, so if I can't get christina to do the sound, do you guys nobody else that can make a pidgeon sound?
1. Intervention by LillyIt could have been better.2. Extreme Stripping by EliI thought it was gonna' be creepy, but I thought it was quite funny, especially at the end. I wonder if he was only acting surprised to have shirts left over, or if he really wasn't expecting it. Either way it was classic.2.5 An Honest To Goodness Confession by O'SandraI definitely liked this one, I'm glad it's in BOYS and not like, whatever else it was I've done this season.3. The Truth About Bodies by MargoSorry, Margo, but I didn't really like it that much. It wasn't particularly clever. But I think that Margo is developing into a good writer.4. Actual, Real-Life, Not Fake Conversation Between Three People by Lily Chong and John and Rica KenyonI wonder if this was an actual real-life, not fake conversation? I don't know, it's probably a little known fact. . .Also, I was kind of embarassed for Josh Hall, because of he had a boyfriend and his dad was in the audience. The piece was good itself, and I can definitely understand why it was put in BOYS, but I think the music was too long, and it should be shortened for BOYS so it doesn't drag as much.5. College Search by Sophie, KingI thought it was funny that Doug couldn't break the Piñata. It got a little botched at the end. But I thik it was good writig.5.5 Have Super Christmas by Lilly and O'SandraEh, I could have thought of better things to be in those boxs.6. Ode To A Cute Guy by Lily ChongHow many of these things has she done so far? It seems like a million.7. Song by King SophieGood. That's about the long and the short.9. Morgan's PoemI didn't even think it was too emo.10. The Alphabet by FaithMy Favourite of the night. I seriously loved it! I missed her other one, and if it was as good as this one, I can't wait to see it in BOYS.11. All About A Lovely Girl by Emmy & MorganI seriously didn't get it until the end, I just wasn't paying very much attention. So I missed it.12. The Lunatic and the Madman by Annessa OlsenToo long Clankey! Too Long! But seriously, that was the most elaborate Yes Shame piece ever.13. Rhetorical Questions by EmmyJosh Hall upstaged everyone in all of his pieces, but I really liked the dynamic he and Morgan seemed to have in this one. He told me after the show that he really likes Yes Shame and plans on coming again and writing things. Which is exciting.14. Cellos.Even as unrehearsed as it was, it was impressive.
I'm keeping the music for as long as it was in Yes Shame. It was awesome like that.And to answer your question.........every bit of my piece with the dancing, except the dancing, was an actual conversation between me and John and Rica Kenyon at various points after two different Yes Shames.Just letting you know.
Actually I think Sophie and Lilly want you to shorten it for BOYS. But ask them. . .
hurrumph.actually, I agree, it wasn't finished and I needed a climax (eli was the first suggested) and also, the small audience for which I preformed pre show thought it was great.so I geuss it depends on who the receiving end is.
1. Intervention by Lilly It was alright.2. Extreme Stripping by Eli He told me about this beforehand, it ended up being so much funnier than I thought possible. It was pretty great. Eli is being good at things and at being not creepy. Maybe he can act in the cult classic emmy is going to write. he seems the type.2.5 An Honest To Goodness Confession by O'Sandra This was really great. It seemed familiar though...I don't know from where.Maybe a dream? or maybe something I'd seen. It's all foggy like those such things.3. The Truth About Bodies by Margo Read above if you feel like it.4. Actual, Real-Life, Not Fake Conversation Between Three People by Lily Chong and John and Rica Kenyon I think it's bizzare how Lily can mimic reality so well, oftentimes without even knowing it.5. College Search by Sophie, King Pretty sweet Idea. Pretty sweet peice.5.5 Have Super Christmas by Lilly and O'Sandra(I mean have a super "holiday".) Way to be anti-semetic. Super man can't have Christmas. Jesus would be offended. 6. Ode To A Cute Guy by Lily Chong(A monologue dedicated to the guy Lily's crush of the moment) When she started going into profilific details I couldn't get my self out of this cringe pose.With crushes usually people are discreet. But whatever. Lilly can do whatever she wants.Besides this is sort of a no shame thing. (not the theatre, the idea)7. Song by King Sophie Pretty awesome. I love sophie's songs. She's super talented.9. Morgan's Poem It was nice, I kind of got lost in the speach patterns, she's got a great speaking voice. The words I heard made me think of her trying to do herself in. So I just listened to the sound of the words and the look on her face.10. The Alphabet by Faith(Faith teaches the audience a name game) If I ever have to pick up a swanky person at a bar or a cheap resturant, geuss what I'm gonna do?!11. All About A Lovely Girl by Emmy & Morgan really good.12. The Lunatic and the Madman by Annessa Olsen I really liked it alot, she seemed pretty surprised when the lights started going out so maybe she'll write something amazing (and five minutes) soon. 13. Rhetorical Questions by Emmy(The world would be so much better without them...) So good, I hope Emmy grows up to be a famous playwright. I hope she makes a cult classic better then clockwork orange so I can watch it. If it can be done, Emmy can do it.
Yeah, I kind of feel like that about mine as well. . .
1. Intervention by LillyMan, next semester I will have better crap.2. Extreme Stripping by EliExcellent.2.5 An Honest To Goodness Confession by O'SandraYeah3. The Truth About Bodies by MargoSo, this would have been a fabulous build up to a comedic monologue. It's an original idea, and the delivery was good. Then... there wasn't a monologue to go with it. So I'm thinking if you put more time in to actually writing things they will be A+ material. Of course this is coming from the person who threw together a piece an hour before Yes Shame... but of course, the audience could tell that mine wasn't very good, which is exactly what I'm trying to say.4. Actual, Real-Life, Not Fake Conversation Between Three People by Lily Chong and John and Rica KenyonThis was funny. It is being allowed in BOYS, however, only under the condition that the musical bit is shortened to keep the piece under 5 minutes. I will talk to you about this, and we can let Doug know when to start turing down the music so you can get your last line in. The dancing was a nice touch, but it went on much to long and got rather tedious. There's no reason we need to hear the whole song at Best Of.5. College Search by Sophie, KingAha... she maybe shouldn't have issued an open invitation to come on stage, because the people who didn't have scripts basically screwed the pooch, so the jokes at the end got messed up, and the scene felt more chaotic than it should have been. Still an interesting piece though, and original.5.5 Have Super Christmas by Lilly and O'SandraAh6. Ode To A Cute Guy by Lily ChongYou should do a different one every week, and for a different guy each time. OHWAIT7. Song by King SophieThumbs up9. Morgan's PoemUh it was pretty emo.10. The Alphabet by FaithHaha Faith is awesome.11. All About A Lovely Girl by Emmy & MorganOkay so we accidentally didn't give Morgan credit for this piece when we were announcing the BOYS order oops! She apparently was kind of upset? Sorry Morgan! It was a good piece! We really liked it!12. The Lunatic and the Madman by Annessa OlsenThere were some good lines, but really, stuff like this is the reason we have a 5-minute rule at Yes Shame. True, it's rather artistically/theatrically restrictive to basically limit you to short punchy stuff, but Yes Shame has two purposes: 1) to provide young writers and actors with a forum for theatrical experience and 2) to entertain the audience. Given that the audience has discerning taste and a short attention span, longer pieces should either be cut down or taken elsewhere.Having said that, however, Annessa shows promise as a writer and I hope she decides to do another (shorter) piece in the future!13. Rhetorical Questions by EmmyThis was good. Emmy just keeps improving. Whereas my stuff just keeps deteriorating. Don't peak too soon kids! It's bad news.Anyway, in conclusion, I will return triumphantly after break with pieces so amazing that the sheer sinful pleasure of watching them will make you go blind. And then I will make fun of you.
Yeah!? That's all I get? Thanks!
Also, be careful of your sarcasm, because somepeople might not understand, and take it that you actually mean it, if you know what I'm saying. . .
Haha, well, some people must be retarded.
Uhm, I think you did not understand my comment at all. . .
I didn't use the whole song at Yes Shame because it would have been over 5 minutes.Woo hoo.And thanks for once for letting one of my pieces in BOYS.
by the way O'Sandra's expression at the very end was incredible!